Foster families are often overlooked and unappreciated in our community. These families care for our traumatized and vulnerable kids, and they do it with little or no recognition from our greater community. Foster families are often unfairly maligned and their motives questioned rather than recognized for the care they provide. Becoming a foster parent is a major commitment of time, responsibility, expense, and care – it is a labor of love and service to both the children and the community. Amara is initiating a statewide effort to change the perception of foster parents by the public at large, and our temporary name for this effort is Project Gratitude.
Project Gratitude aims to change the conversation across our state. Our goal is to provide every licensed foster family in the state of Washington with a “rewards” card, branded with Project Gratitude, which provides them with discounts at major stores and businesses for a range of services and products. This allows businesses and other partners a tangible way to get involved supporting youth and families involved in the foster care system. It will also generate public interest and elevate the work of their businesses. The manager’s role is to create this reward program and to ensure its success.
If you have a successful track record in sales, marketing or community involvement and you are seeking a sense of fulfillment and purpose in your next career move, this could be a perfect opportunity for you. This role will give you the opportunity to build a compelling new program from the ground up. Amara is looking for a motivated, results-driven manager to build and lead Project Gratitude. The manager will be largely responsible for ambitiously seeking businesses and community partners that will commit to participating in this program.
The manager will be responsible for the planning, outreach, execution, and communication effort/s related to the project. The ideal candidate is comfortable managing multiple priorities; can manage and track relationships efficiently; is a detail-oriented, cooperative team player; and has an effective system for staying organized.
The Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works closely with the communications, outreach and development teams. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Finalize timeline and measurable objectives for the program
- Plan persuasive approaches and pitches
- Work with internal Amara teams to increase opportunities for business engagement
- Implement a relationship management system for tracking relationships with businesses and community partners
- Identify prospective business partners, present to them, and ultimately convert them to Project Gratitude participants
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business relationships
- Reach out to leads through cold calling and existing relationships
- Follow up on outreach contacts, negotiate and close business deals
Maximize business relationships:
- Manage existing business relationships and ensure that they stay satisfied and positive
- Meet with prospective and secured businesses on an ongoing basis
- Learn if there are other opportunities to connect and further Amara’s mission within the business
- Coordinate with internal team to strategize follow-up on subsequent partnerships and opportunities
Monitor and report results:
- Achieve agreed upon targets and outcomes within schedule. Submit weekly progress reports
- Continuously solicit and improve program and user experience through feedback
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of accomplishment and experience
- Strong commitment to Amara’s goals, values and mission
- Experience in business to business sales/business development or fundraising role
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with an enthusiasm for frequent written, phone, and face-to-face communication
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable
- Results focused, with strong planning and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail and aptitude for immediate follow-up
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline sensitive environment
Salary and Benefits
Competitive compensation, DOE. Generous personal leave and benefits package, including paid time off, paid sabbatical, health, vision and dental insurance, 401k with a company match, life and disability insurance.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and include “Project Gratitude” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. No phone calls, please.